This is the only before picture I have. It was missing some hardware and had a blonde finish with the details painted in blue. I decided to sand down the top and stain it and paint the rest of it a glossy black. Here's how it turned out.
|Detail on the top.|
It was too bad I couldn't use the original hardware. The most difficult part of this process was trying to find hardware to fit. I ordered a set of knobs from eBay that I really liked, but because the drawers were so thick, I couldn't find any screws that would fit. I ordered this set of knobs which I also like and had to get metric screws. I still need to get some washers to tighten some of the knobs.