Monday, March 4, 2013

Dresser Turned Buffet

When I was directing the high school musical one year, we needed a dresser for one of the scenes, so one of my students brought one in.  I would tell her how much I liked the dresser, and when the show was over she said, "my mom said if you like it so much, you can keep it."  Well, that was nice, but I really didn't have a place for it until about a year and a half ago when I got married.  It is a nice piece of furniture, but it was definitely in need of some tlc.



This is the only before picture I have.  It was missing some hardware and had a blonde finish with the details painted in blue.  I decided to sand down the top and stain it and paint the rest of it a glossy black.  Here's how it turned out.





Detail on the top.






It was too bad I couldn't use the original hardware.  The most difficult part of this process was trying to find hardware to fit.  I ordered a set of knobs from eBay that I really liked, but because the drawers were so thick, I couldn't find any screws that would fit.  I ordered this set of knobs which I also like and had to get metric screws.  I still need to get some washers to tighten some of the knobs.




No comments:

Post a Comment