Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Syncopated Wedding Part IV: The Details


Hello!  Sorry for the delay in posting.  I've been busy not doing much of anything except relaxing and trying to soak up every last bit of summer.  I hope you've been doing the same.  I know we've moved into a new month, but I'm back to share the last details of our wedding two years ago.  First up is the cakes!  My favorite part.  I decided to go with 5 different flavored cakes.  They were made by a local woman who bakes them in her home.  They were even better than I thought they would be!


Our two-tiered cake was vanilla cake with a raspberry filling and buttercream icing.  My dad made the wooden stands.  The clay, bird cake toppers are from a seller on Etsy.


We had labels for each cake.  Our guests went through the line like a buffet.  We made sure to have enough cake so that guests could try all of the different flavors.







Weird faces.  We were eating cake!


The wedding party.  My sisters were my matrons of honor, and my niece was my flower girl.  Mark chose his brother to be his best man and his good friend as a groomsman.  Our ring bearer was my husband's nephew.  The men wore gray suits with pinstripes.  The ladies wore short, plum-colored dresses.


Our get-away car was a Pontiac Firebird.  It's owned by a friend of the family who graciously agreed to clean her up for our big day.  It was a sweet ride!

















We decorated the tent with Japanese lanterns.  I ordered gold chargers from The Christmas Tree Shop.  That's where I found the best deal.  I think the chargers made the tables look just a little bit more formal.  Our favors were handmade soaps made in my hometown.  The boxes were tied with a raffia ribbon.  There was a "thank you" tag with our signature mum clip art coordinated with the wedding stationery.  

My sister made this banner to hang on the head table.  We added some wooden stands with candles, and orchids are strewn around the table for color.


We used an old ladder to hang the place cards.  Since we had a small wedding, I didn't think it was necessary to have a place card for each person.  We had one card for each table.

I think that just about covers it.  Thanks for tuning in for all of these details.  I hope you've enjoyed the look into our big day.


1 comment:

  1. All of your decorations and special touches were so perfect! It was a wedding to remember! Everything was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete