Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vintage Art

One of my favorite things to buy at an antique or vintage shop is art.  It's often less expensive than any art you'd find in a gallery.  Often times it's even less expensive than mass produced prints you see in craft stores.  I believe it has much more character.  Today I'm going to share some pieces from my collection.


This is one of the first pieces I bought.  I think it may have been $15.  Clearly, it was painted by an amateur artist.  I like the colors.  I also liked the simple wooden frame.  



I passed this painting a few times before I finally bought it.  It was a little more expensive than the first one, but I really like the houses and the way the background is blurry.




This is a more recent purchase.  It is embroidery.  It was in a flimsy frame with a yellow mat.  It was fairly inexpensive and I really like the colors, especially the blue.  About a month ago I finally picked up a new frame, and it's looking much better!


I like these botanical prints.  I've always thought of doing something with the frames, but I never got around to it.  What about painting them gold?  What do you think?


Finally, here is my latest purchase.  I've been on the lookout for a few vintage sketches and haven't been able to fine anything I liked, so I turned to Etsy.  I picked up this sophisticated lady.  I've been calling her Mabel.  I haven't had the chance to get it matted and framed yet.  I'm thinking an off-white mat and a simple black frame.  


What kinds of art do you have in your home?  Next week I'll be sharing some of my DIY art.  I hope you'll stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment