Monday, April 8, 2013

Field Trip: Antique Marketplace of Lemoyne

Hello!  Today I'm starting a new series called "Field Trip."  I'll be virtually taking you to some of my favorite places in Central PA.  First up is the Antique Marketplace of Lemoyne.



This place is a-ma-zing!  This past weekend a friend and I visited their open house.  As if it wasn't big enough before, they opened up a new wing.  The vendors pulled out all of the stops.  They cleaned up their booths and brought out the best of what they had to offer.  I think all of their hard work paid off, because the place was crawling with people.  There was a continuous line of people waiting to check out.




Sometimes I find something I like.  Sometimes I walk out with nothing.  Other times I really have to limit myself, because I see so many great things.  This was one of those times.  I snapped a few pictures to show you what they have to offer.



Most of the booths have vintage and antique goods, but a few of the booths have updated, painted antiques, like this one.  I think this buffet is beautiful.  The paint really makes the details pop.





My friend almost bought this adorable wagon to use in her outdoor space.  Wouldn't this look great in a garden surrounded by some beautiful summer blooms?

Check out this cool clock!  Can you see the vintage fan at the bottom of the picture?

Architecturally Speaking is one of my favorite booths.  They sell salvaged pieces you can use to create something, and the owner uses salvaged pieces to make new things of his own.


Stop what you are doing and look at this vintage tea cart.  Look at it!  It would make the perfect little home bar, and the price was right. It was marked $40.  I REALLY wanted to take that home with me.  I would be shocked if this little darling made it through the weekend.  I would have snatched it up, but I didn't have a place for it.  You can also see some great vintage artwork stacked up on the floor.

Well, here is my stash.  I bought a small set of teacups and plates for an upcoming tea party I am hosting.  I think they will go well with the china I already have.




I bought this cute wicker hanging lamp.  I'll be hanging this in a little nook that I'm creating in our kitchen.



I bought this mini tea set that I just couldn't resist.  It looks very similar to a larger tea set that I have.



If you are a local, please check out the Antique Marketplace.  You will not be disappointed.  Bonus: The PA Fabric Outlet is next door!  Make a day of it!

1 comment: