You might remember that I was looking for fabric for my new bedroom curtains when I spotted a fabric that I fell in love with. It looked a little bit like a watercolor painting. I took a swatch of the fabric home and held it up against my herbal green walls and loved the way it looked. I made two sets of curtains: one for the bedroom and one for the dining room. Normally that wouldn't be so bad except that our windows are very long. You can get by with two panels on many windows, but our windows take four panels. That means that between the two windows I made eight panels. It was a lot of sewing. Some people like to use the no-sew curtains, but I decided to use my sewing machine. It's just a few long straight lines.
I decided that I wanted curtains that pool on the floor a little bit for this room. It's a bit more dramatic.
|Here's a close-up of the pattern.|
I think they add some much-needed color to the room.
I hope you enjoyed this series. If you've done a watercolor project recently or have a favorite from another blogger, leave a comment with a link! I'd love to check it out! Take a look at this post from one of my favorite blogs The Little Green Notebook.