Thursday, April 4, 2013

Watercolor Crush

I have a confession to make.  I have a problem.  It started when I visited one of my favorite places, The PA Fabric Outlet.  I stopped by to check out the $0.99/yd. and $1.99/yd. tables and look for some fabric for new bedroom curtains.  I was looking for something with a neutral background and a floral print, when I spotted this beauty from across the room.



It reminded me of a dreamy watercolor painting.  The picture makes the fabric look a little more green, but the leaves are really more of a blue-green.  I didn't think that the fabric would fit my bedroom, so I continued looking.  I found fabric that I thought would work in my bedroom.  The sales associate told me that I could take a swatch of the drapery fabric so I thought, "it won't hurt to take both swatches."  When I got home, I couldn't believe how nice the blue, watercolor linen looked with my green walls.  I knew I had found some material for new dining room curtains! (Yes, I decided to make new curtains for both my dining room AND my bedroom!)  Sorry kids, that's a post for another day.

And so, my obsession with watercolor began.  Stay tuned for a few more posts featuring watercolor.  This fabric inspired me to make curtains, create some art for my bathroom, and to make invitations for an event I'll be hosting.  Have you noticed this trend?  Lately I've been seeing it everywhere!


A watercolor cake?  Gorgeous!


Wow!  What a beautiful manicure to celebrate spring!

  
 Check out this hand-painted wedding invitation!

I love this look!  It's so fresh.  And just in time for springtime temperatures to hit Central PA.  One of the great things about watercolor is that it's inexpensive, and you can easily DIY a few things for yourself.  I'll be sharing my ideas soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment